Claims - Report the pothole as a hazard
Bookmark and Share

Report the pothole as a hazard

BACK to 'Step-by-step guide'

Courts generally take a dim view of someone who has an accident caused by a pothole but who isn't public spirited enough to help other people avoid the same happening to them.

As soon as possible after your accident, inform the council of the problem. You can find the relevant contact details through the "report a pothole" section of this site.

You don't have to inform them at this stage that you might make a claim, but make sure that you give a good description of the location, that you leave your name and address and keep a record of you having informed them.

How to claim

Find out how to claim if your car has suffered pothole damage:

How to claimStep-by-step guideCouncil contactsAsk advice